Being the host for family or friends to stay overnight with you can be a stressful time, a time when you lose sleep trying to prepare for their visit. On average, the host will lose two-and-a-half hours of sleep a night in the days leading up to their guest’s visit.
- A recent study shows that 49% of people feel that 4 days is the max you should be an overnight guest at someone else’s home.
- Guests don’t sleep well either. 75% of us feel like we have to go to bed and wake up at the same time as the hosts, even if we’re jetlagged.
- The best houseguests are Baby Boomers. The poll found they’re the most likely to be considerate and clean up after themselves.
- Young people don’t feel weird about sleeping in the same bed, even under their parent’s roof. Most Gen Xers and Millennials still kinda do. But 70% of Gen Zers don’t feel awkward about it.
- 7% of people hide their valuables when they have guests, just to make sure nothing gets stolen.